THGRACINGTEAMHOLLAND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THG TUESDAY CUP

Go down

THG TUESDAY CUP Empty THG TUESDAY CUP

Post by THG-IsaacIII Wed 09 Apr 2014, 10:44 pm

RACE REPORT by CHAMPTEC - THG 800 @ Ascari
THG TUESDAY CUP
SEASON 02
ROUND 13

"My first podium !"

Yesterday I entered on my second THG 800 event. After my first race at Le Mans in a Peugeot 908 last week, I bought a Mazda 787B and a Pescarolo C60 Hybride.

After some practice on the Ascari Racetrack, for me, the Pescarolo fitted the track and my drivingstyle perfectly, after I found a good set up for this car. The Mazda was maybe some better in accelaration, but a bit to "tail-happy" on the many cornered racetrack. The Pescarolo had the best combination of grip and power on this track for me.

I managed to drive laps of 1:44 or 1 :45 easily, only Woody and Qubee proved to be faster in laptimes in practice.

The race itself, to be short ... great race! In the first couple of laps I maneged to battle with Woody and Qubee, even overtook Qubee for P2, and came very close to P1 of Woody. But these experienced drivers were more consistent, and I made a small mistake which brought me back to P3, but miles in front of P4 holder Isaac in his Mazda 787B.

I managed to keep P3 for the rest of the race, even after a spin into the grass. Isaac came closer at times, and took my P3 for a lap while I stopped for tyres and fuel. Later Isaac had to pit, and I took back my P3, and ended up on the podium for the first time in my THG history and so also the first podium in the THG 800 Championship. So ... delighted and happy, and very glad to be part of this race and THG in general ! Thanks for good racing guys !
THG-IsaacIII
THG-IsaacIII
Forum Moderator

https://www.facebook.com/THGRACINGTEAMHOLLAND

Back to top Go down